Steps for Creating Intimacy
I’ve just watched a powerful five-part video series on healing relationships. One of the things covered were the Steps to Create Intimacy.
1. Specify what, when, and how.
What is actually needed from both parties? When is the best time to work on this, give/receive what you both need, and how do you want them to be given? People are either Visual (a look in one’s eyes, their smile), Auditory (whispers in your ear or words of love and support), Kinesthetic (physical contact), or need to receive love via gestures like gifts and surprises.
2. Be honest about your needs and desires. Clarify them. Get you partner to repeat back what they heard so you can be sure you’re being understood.
3. Decide who goes first. So often a couple is waiting for the other to make the first move. Someone needs to. Be a man and step up. Take the chance, then really be there for your woman. You will feel more masculine if you do. Take charge.
4. Commit to making your partner feel your love. Seriously. Commit. She will test you again and again, but you must remain present and truly with her, guys.
5. Express & Experiment. You may need to try all the different styles with your partner to find out which one they respond best to.
6. Don’t give up.
Renew your intimacy every day.