Let the Sunshine In!
As I look out the window of my beautiful new home at the mountains and trees and lake surrounding me, I feel happy. I feel at peace. I feel hopeful. I feel excited about the future.
Indifference to the past grows with each passing moment. The pain is all but gone, leaving only a fading sense of sadness and regret. The tears come quite rarely now.
I’m still in rape counseling 3x a week, and that is going very well.
But enough about that.
There is so much to look forward to!! First, it is absolutely my favorite time of year, when the temperature starts to drop and the skies get gray and the rains come. This morning I had coffee on the terrace with my amazing husband, and we discussed plans for the future while watching the fog lift off the lake. There is no place I’d rather be than right here, right now.
Later this month, my husband and I will celebrate 12 years of glorious marriage in the magic that is Disneyland. It’s so good to be back in California.
In November, when I turn 43, it will mark the end of three years of hell, and my husband and I will celebrate that (and me) diving in the clear waters of Jamaica for a week. Then come the holidays, family, fun, and presents!
On the professional front, things are looking up as well. Over the past few weeks as I’ve been renovating and decorating my lovely new home, several ACCEPTED letters have landed in my inbox, and I couldn’t be more pleased.
- My short story “Final Word” as well as my poem “New York Rain,” which debuted on Bar None Group (& is still in their Hall of Fame), will be published in an upcoming issue of The Rusty Nail. Details as to which issue soon. (Facebook. Twitter. YouTube.)
- My short story “Dead Mule Crossing,” which debuted in the How the West Was Wicked anthology, will be published by eFiction’s eSteampunk. (Facebook)
- “Love is for the Living,” never before published, will appear in a Siren’s Call Anthology called Bellows of the Bone Box: A Steampunk Anthology.
- “Hannah & Gabriel,” a Steampunk retelling of “Hansel and Gretel” that first appeared in Caught in the Cogs: An Eclectic Collection, will be in the next issue of Jeremiah Griffin’s The Scroll.
- “The Tragic Tale of Doctor Fausset,” a Steampunk mashup of “Briar Rose” (Sleeping Beauty) and “Doctor Faustus,” will be a part of Robert Stikmanz’s upcoming 3000 weeks of life celebration. This short story debuted in Nevermet Press’s Stories in the Ether.
- My short story “Railroaded” and “Zeppelin Dreams” have been accepted for two separate anthologies, but details must remain secret until the contracts are in. Same goes for my short story “The Handy Man,” which will appear in a very exciting collection. I can’t wait to share the details of these three publications!
- A piece I wrote on Polyamory will appear in the forthcoming A Steampunk Guide to Sex by Combustion Books.
- And it looks like new breath will be breathed into Avalon Revisited! Again, too soon to reveal details, but truly great times for me and my work are just over the horizon.
- Doctor Q, aka my own personal muse, and I have been conversing about the world-building of a BRAND NEW O. M. Grey novel, which I will be writing over the next few months. Yes, this is the one that was supposed to be written at the beginning of the years, for those of you who participated in last year’s Kickstarter, but, you know, life and other shit happens. But it’s going to be done now, complete with Arron Von Blackwolf and The SteamMage as a full character and cameo, respectively, thanks to their Kickstarter support.
- My alter ego, Christine Rose, and her husband, Ethan Rose, have just put out their fourth book in the Rowan of the Wood fantasy series: Power of the Zephyr.
- Very, very soon, expect a blog tour for Power of the Zephyr along with my The Zombies of Mesmer, and I know I keep saying this but the polyamory podcasts will return with likely a different format than before. This is in addition to the fiction podcasts every Monday on this blog, with short stories and The Zombies of Mesmer coming up, and every Tuesday on Christine’s blog, with the Rowan of the Wood fantasy series. Book Two: Witch on the Water starts next Tuesday.
- Look for me in 2013 for a road tour across this country and Europe for talks on sex-positive culture, alternative relationships, and steamy fiction. If you’d like me to come to your poly/sex-positive group or your local bookstore, please drop me or my manager a line, as we’re scheduling for 2013 now!
- And maybe, just maybe, I’ll start reading poetry and/or short stories on video. Whaddya think?
In the mean time, I’ll keep my other work out there until published, writing more and more fiction and blog posts, and keep my eyes and heart looking forward.
Thank you all for staying with me.
And a very happy birthday to my cousin today…
~ by omgrey on October 10, 2012.
Posted in Lost in the Aether, News & Reviews, Short Fiction & Poetry
Tags: author, avalon, avalon revisited, book, dead mule crossing, duotrope, efiction, esteampunk, final word, love, love is for the living, new york city, new york rain, non-monogamy, o.m. grey, olivia grey, open, open marriage, paranormal romance, passion, podcast, poetry, polyamory, railroaded, relationship advice, relationships, romance, rusty nail, sex, short fiction market, short fiction markets, short story, sirens call, steampunk, the handy man, vampires, victorian, zeppelin dreams