Steampunk Spotlight: Steampunk World’s Fair
The second annual Steampunk World’s Fair (#SPWF) takes place this weekend in Somerset New Jersey. I’m so very excited that I’ve been invited as a guest this year. After counting down for weeks, it’s finally here! I fly to NJ on Thursday, and I’ll be in attendance from the opening ceremonies on Friday until the final remarks on Sunday.
In fact, I’ve been nominated for the honor of MUSE of the FAIR. Please vote for me on the #SPWF website. The ballot is on the right sidebar, and they do require a very quick registration to ensure no double voting. Thank you so much for your support.
Additionally, I will be escorting the marvelous Captain Cedric Whittaker of the Airship Isabella to be knighted by Queen Victoria at the “Knights of Steampunk” ceremony.My complete schedule is as follows:
- 1pm Main Stage: Opening Ceremonies (MUSE of the FAIR announced)
- 6-7pm Courtyard Stage: Knights of Steampunk Knighting Ceremony, escorting Capt. Whittaker
- 8-11pm Main Stage: The Big Brass Ball (Formal Dance)
- 10-11am Concierge Lounge: Mixing Genres in Steampunk (Panel)
- 2-4pm Fuzions Restaurant: The Mad Tea Party (READING at 2:45)
- 4:30-5:30pm Concierge Lounge: Book Signing with Authors of the SPWF
- 8:30-9:30pm Coolidge Room: Podcasting for Steampunk (Panel)
- 11pm-2am Ballroom: The Big Brass Ball II (Dance Party) with DJ Doctor Q!
- 10-11am Roosevelt Room: Between Castle & Sucker Punch, Emergence of Steampunk into Mainstream Media (Panel)
- 1-2pm Coolidge Room: Social Media, Steampunk’s New Platform (Panel)
- 6-7pm Main Stage: Closing Ceremonies
You can find a complete schedule of events here. Follow the #SPWF hashtag on Twitter to get real-time updates and pictures! I know I’ll be sending them all weekend.
If you will be in attendance, please stop me and say hello. I love to meet readers. Perhaps we can even grab a spot of tea!
Copies of Avalon Revisited and the chapbook Caught in the Cogs, Vol. 1 will be available at the event through PH Factor’s Goggle Shop. I should also have a few copies with me, so just ask. Same for signing, you can wait until the formal signing event or just stop me and say hello. I will have my special Sonic Screwdriver pen with me to sign your book.
In addition to select members of the Airship Isabella, other fine authors and artisans will be in attendance:
- Tee Morris & Pip Ballentine, Phoenix Rising: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel. They’ll be celebrating the release of their first novel with a special Ministry Tea Party at 3:30pm on Saturday. Tea, Biscuits, and a reading!
- Leanna Renee Hieber, Strangely Beautiful Series. She’ll be celebrating the release of her latest book The Perilous Prophecy of Guard and Goddess. SAT 5:30pm reading.
- DJ Doctor Q will be spinning away at the Dance Party.
- PH Factor & his fine goggles
- The lovely ladies of Frenzy Universe
- The Emperor of the Red Fork Empire
- Mr. Saturday & Sixpence
- Cracked Monocle
…and so many more!
Please don’t forget to vote O. M. Grey for MUSE of the FAIR!
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
~ by omgrey on May 17, 2011.
Posted in Steampunk Spotlight
Tags: author, author visit, avalon, book, bustles, convention, corsets, cosplay, goggles, gothic, muse of the fair, o.m. grey, olivia grey, postaweek2011, relationship advice, romance, steampunk, steampunk worlds fair, vampires, victorian