Steampunk Spotlight: ENSMB
This week, I’m shining the gaslight on the joyous musical act from the Steampunk World’s Fair: Emperor Norton’s Stationary Marching Band (ENSMB).
As I mentioned in last week’s con report, ENSMB was one of the highlights of my entire weekend there. They not only played during their scheduled sets, but they also played throughout the weekend in the most unlikely places. They played in the portico. They played in the foyer. They played in the hallways. They played in the elevator. And wherever they played, they were followed by a group of dancing people, spreading joy and the spirit of Steampunk.
I got the chance to do a lovely jitterbug swing with DJ Doctor Q while ENSMB played, and that is something I’ll never forget. Every time I heard the pounding of their bass drum, the cry of their violin, and the jazzy liveliness of their horn section, I couldn’t help but stop whatever I was doing, clap my hands, and swing my fluffy bustle to the beat.
If you ever see that ENSMB will be playing near you, be sure to catch their show. You will be so glad you did.
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
~ by omgrey on June 7, 2011.