Steampunk Spotlight: Florida Steampunk Exhibition East
If you’ve ever dreamed of a world where airships ruled the skies, pocket watches and top hats were proper adventuring attire for both men and women, and steam power inspired technological advances beyond imagination, you’re in for a treat.
The Florida Steampunk Society has made that world a reality.
Join us in Daytona Beach, Florida on April 13-15 for Florida’s first Steampunk convention!
• At Friday night’s Admiral’s Feast, guests will dine in splendor with a three-course, sit-down meal with a gnosh and dessert buffet. Afterwards, they’ll dance the night away at our Masquerade Ball.
• Magicians, comedians, and steampunk ruffians will be wandering the halls of the Daytona Beach Resort providing endless entertainment
• O.M. Grey, our resident steampunk literary master, will host a High Tea and book reading to help guests delve into the realm of neovictorian literature.
• Performances by Abney Park, The Cog is Dead and the Bawdey Boys will showcase different musical stylings in the retrofuturistic world of Steampunk and the Cupcake Burlesque will blow you away with steamy and PG entertainment.
Fear not, we’ll have panel sessions by Penny Dreadful Productions and Airship Isabella for the DIY-minded. For last-minute costuming needs, collectors, and Steampunk shopaholics, the Grand Bazaar will be open all three years.
Purchase your tickets now, before they go up in price, at www.floridasteampunksociety.com. Check out the schedule of events, performer and guest bios, and details on how to book your hotel room.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Director of Communications, Daylina Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 500-8754.
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
~ by omgrey on March 27, 2012.
Posted in Steampunk Spotlight
Tags: abney park, author, author visit, book, convention, cosplay, florida steampunk exhibition east, florida steampunk society, music, o.m. grey, olivia grey, open, steampunk