Todd Akin. Republican misogynist. Rape apologist.
I’m sure you’ve heard. If not, please read this: The Rape Skeptic
This man has been trying to limit the definition of rape for decades. He inherently doesn’t trust rape survivors and would rather placate the accused (hmmmm…sounds like a community I know). Rape is rape is rape. “Forcible” rape with a weapon, physical threats, or emotional threats, or manipulation. With or without drugs or intoxication. Crossing boundaries without further consent. Ignoring withdrawn consent. Coercion. Stranger or acquaintance or lover or kin or spouse.
Rape is rape is rape.
Todd Akin perpetuates rape culture. Don’t let him.
Please sign this: http://www.dccc.org/pages/denounce-todd-akin
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
~ by omgrey on August 22, 2012.
Posted in Lost in the Aether, Trauma & Recovery
Tags: austin burner community, austin ecstatic dance, austin poly community, austin poly rapist, austin polyamory, austin yoga studio, author, non-monogamy, o.m. grey, olivia grey, open, open marriage, polyamory, rape, rape apologist, rape skeptic, republican, sexual assault, todd akin