The Dark Side of Love
Happy Valentine’s Day….or not.
Today is a happy day when you’re in love. Every shop has heart-shaped chocolate boxes and silly plush animals holding “I luv u” hearts. Jewelry stores have specials on diamonds and rings. Couples choose this day to get married or propose. My husband proposed on Valentine’s Day 14 years ago.
It’s all so very romantic…if you’re in love.
If you’re heartbroken or you’re alone or, worse, you’re recovering from intimate partner violence, nothing can seem more cruel than Valentine’s Day because cupid’s arrow has fractured your very soul.
Many of you follow my blog because of my extensive writings on relationships, trauma, and recovery, and for that, I thank you. Each time you comment, I feel less alone. However, I make my living writing dark fiction, so please, if you haven’t yet, try one of my stories.
They’re not sappy romance.
Start with a short story for under $2.00, some less than $1,00! That’s less than a good cup of coffee (or any cup of coffee, really).
- “Clockwork Heart,” only $1.49 on Kindle, tells a story about a man who went to horrific lengths to keep his love alive. Written in the Victorian style of H. G. Wells.
- “Heart of Stone, Flesh of Ice,” only $1.49 on Kindle, is based in Japanese Mythology about a supernatural creature who punishes those who exploit, disrespect, and deceive women.
- “The Handy Man,” only $1.99 on Kindle, is an erotic Steampunk story about a man who goes into the business of pleasing women.
- “A Kiss in the Rain,” only $0.99 on Kindle, is an erotic Gothic love story about a man who couldn’t let go of his wife, even after death.
- “Of Aether and Aeon,” only $0.99 on Kindle, is the first short story I wrote. It’s a tragic tale of a woman trapped in a time loop of falling in love and watching her lover die.
- “Zeppelin Dreams,” only $0.99 on Kindle, tells the tragic story of a woman waiting for her phantom lover.
If you want to take a bigger leap, or if you already know you love my writing, please support my work by buying one of my novels:
- Avalon Revisited. My first novel, and the Amazon.com Gothic Romance bestseller, not to mention Steampunk Chronicles Best Novel for 2012. Available in paperback, Kindle, and other eBook versions. $9.62 paperback; $5.99 Kindle.
- Avalon Revamped, its sequel, of sorts. This horror steampunk novel follows Constance, a succubus who punishes men that hurt women. Perhaps Arthur is next. $11.66 paperback; $5.99 Kindle (or borrow for FREE with Amazon Prime)
- The Zombies of Mesmer, the first Nickie Nick Vampire Hunter novel. Teen Steampunk Romance. $11.66 paperback; $3.99 Kindle.
- The Ghosts of Southwark, its sequel. $11.28 paperback; $5.99 Kindle.
Additionally, more of my work can be found in anthologies and magazines on my Amazon Author Page.
A few dollars for you is my living. Give us both a gift this Valentine’s Day.
Thank you for your support.
May you find peace.
~ by omgrey on February 14, 2014.
Posted in Romance & Relationships, Short Fiction & Poetry
Tags: author, avalon, avalon revisited, bdsm, broken heart, healing, misogyny, o.m. grey, olivia grey, paranormal romance, passion, romance, sex, short story, steampunk, vampires, victorian